2

Perception

Thursday, October 15, 2009
We have to admit that people perception of who we are effects our daily life. If someone ever said to him/herself that he/she doesn't care what other people think of him/her, then that person must be a hypocrite. Admit it, that most of our misery is because we think too much of what other people thinks of us. You might be frustrated of something/over something because this person says bla bla bla. It happens everyday! I might be a hypocrite some times but I do admit that m affected by what people think of me. And being a front line to the patients aka the customers, I do have to make a good first impression coz that might be my last impression to that person.

For me, there are 3 types of people perception of you - positive, negative and neutral perception. And after so many years of making friends online and 3 years of blogging, I tried to grasp these 3 types with open mind. If a person gave me an appreciative remarks, I would try my very best to muster a sincere smile and say thank you while if m given criticism, I would try to be quiet and politely say it's noted. But being a rebellious, defensive type of person, I rarely handle criticism very well. Trust me, m trying to simmer down on my anger.

For people who don't know me personally, the first impression they always say to me is that I look nice, sweet, kind bla bla bla. M not making this up! For the last few days, I spent some of my time online, chatting with someone I never meet before or with someone I meet before but don't really know them. Mostly I know them from Tagged or Facebook. M not saying that they are wrong about me (me being 'looked' nice, sweet and kind). I AM all those (haha!) but what amaze me is that these people actually sincerely complimenting me, not because they want to flirt around but because they are just plain sincere.I know I shouldn't trust this cyberworld but I think in life, you need to put your trust out there, if not much, maybe a bit?

A 'friend' I met through Tagged today said that he liked to be my friend very much. A good friend, as he said. I don't know him at all but the funny thing is that he had meet me. Or rather he had see me. Working with public, I meet lots of people and it's quiet impossible for me to remember them all. Unless they are 'the regulars'. Anyway, he said that next time he sees me, he will say hi. Uuuhhh! Kindda scary coz behind all these chivalrous facade, I am a very shy person. Haha! I know! Some of you might not believe it especially who knows me for my loud, blaring voice but I am! I might be cheeky, naughty and all but honestly I just a simple shy person who like to socialize.

Anyhooo...what m trying to say here is that there is nothing wrong to make a good impression on someone. Because as I said, it may be your last chance in doing so. BUT bear in mind, no matter how much you want to impress someone, don't lose the real YOU. You can impress someone, everyone even with your designer clothes, makeup, shoes, bags and brand expensive car but when it comes to a long term commitment, you need YOUR-OWN-SELF to go further! Cheerz peeps!

2 knock knock:

beanizer_05 said...

nice blog! fin'ly i got my 1st coment on ur post :)
wel, evry word is true.. others perceptions do affect our lives and mold us to what we are now..we can please or disappoint ppol, yet..it's juz a matter of perspective on how we deal with dem--eithr we take criticisms as pissing insults or creative challenges 4 us 2 bcum beter persons..we cn nver expct oders' sincerity f we r nt even true 2 rselvs, ryt??..
and yes, you seem "harmless" (hehe)..but i think didz is much louder than you (ssssshhhhhhh)..hey, dez r juz my prcptions ok?..agree or not??..haha

iantie said...

haha...u would be surprise who is louder *wink*wink* but then it's ur perception.
thanx for the comment! feel free to drop anytime!