0

Hanya Dikau

Friday, October 30, 2009






Title : Hanya Dikau

Author: Ebriza Aminnudin
No. of Pages: 628 pages
Publisher: Buku Prima






The first book I read from this author and the second book I read and borrowed from the public library.

To be honest here, luckily I borrowed this book and not bought it coz it was wayy too disappointing.

Story between Ira Fasuha and Erze Zullis and trust me, it's totally the story of them both! Of course there are few characters here and there - the parents, the cousins and the friends but this book totally concentrating on the main characters and truth to be told, it's quiet boring when it's the same story being told over and over again.

Ira Fasuha and Erze Zullis first time met in an airport, where Ira stepped on Erze's foot without apologizing. And let's just say that from there, they were enemies. Whenever and whereever they meet, they were always fighting and that's how the story goes up till the last few pages of this 628-page book - fight, fight and more fights.

I don't know what the author was trying to say in this book. But for me, Ira's characters are unacceptable. I mean, in this book, Ira is a 33 years old woman, well-educated, got a job as an assistant manager then manager but somehow, the character the author 'gave' Ira is so childish, unmature person which honestly bores me. No offence intended here but this is how I feel about this book. I managed to finish it though but it took a great effort on my side to finish it instead of stopping in the middle of the novel and not to read it again...

Oh well...other readers/writers might find m too blunt but that's the way I read it..

0 knock knock: