0

Every Breath You Take

Saturday, November 14, 2009





Title: Every Breath You Take
Author: Judith McNaught
No. of Pages: 485 pages
Publisher: Ballantine Books






In between of trying to finish my pending paperworks, keeping up-to-date with the latest office gossips (haha!) and watching the latest series, I finally managed to finish this 485-page novel from Judith McNaught within 5 days! Yay!


And I no need to introduce Judith McNaught. It would NOT do any justice to her for me to 'introduce' her, for she is one of the most magnificient authors that I have the privileges to get hold of her books and read her brilliant stories.

But before this, I mainly read her historical romance novels and rarely I read her novels on modern settings. Every Breath I Take had to be the first novel of hers - in modern settings - that I managed to get thru'. And I had not been disappointed =)

Mitchell Wyatt had a secret life behind his handsome face and without knowing his background, he made a name for himself. Kate Donovan, just lost a father. They met in an island, Anguilla and from the moment they laid eyes on each other, the sexual tension was there and Wyatt had not denied it. They spent the next day and night to fullfilled their passion towards each other and when Kate had to break off her relationship with her boyfriend of 4 years, things didn't go as planned. Instead, Kate had believed that Mitchell had used her to seek revenge while Mitchell had believed that Kate had choose her boyfriend over him.

When Mitchell had been the prime suspect for the murder of his half-brother, Kate had feel betrayed that Mitchell didn't tell her that he was a grandson of a wealthy family - the Chicago Wyatt. And when she found out that she was pregnant with Mitchell's baby, she had no intention to tell him.

Fate brought them together 3 years later, when Kate's son - and Mitchell's son - Danny was kidnapped and a ransom of $10 million was demanded. Kate had only Mitchell to help hence she had to tell him about him being the father of their son.

It's really a good book. For the last few days, I had been engrossed with work that I had little time to read but today, I spent most of my day and night reading and finishing this book. I know m not doing well in typing the synopsis but as I said before, with me typing, I do no justice t Judith McNaught's piece. Read it and I hope you would love it as I do.

So, that made it 3 books down, 1 more to go!

0 knock knock: