0

Wonders of The World

Tuesday, July 10, 2007
On the last Brunei Book Fair, I bought this hardcover book titled '1001 Natural Wonders You Must See Before You Die' by Michael Bright. And few months later, I only managed to read a quarter of the 950 pages. The thing is that, the book is filled with all the wonders of the world that every time m turning the page, I said to myself, 'I want to go here.....and here.....and here' and by the time I realised it, I already like have 50 different places to go....which is quiet impossible for me to go. Why? Simply because I have commitment to my work and family and besides going to these places required money....a lot of it and well.....what can I say?

Anyway, while I was in KL, on my way queing for the cashier, I saw this book 'Rough Guide 25 Ultimate Experiences Wonders of the World - Make the most of your time on Earth'. So, on an impulse I took it and next thing I know, m paying for it. And that ladies and gentelmen is an example of impulse purchase....

OK! Back to the book. I finished reading the Rough Guide edition in a night and well, I think 25 wonders are more acceptable to visit than the 1001 natural wonders.

The 25 wonders (some are natural while some are ancient architectural) of the world (according to the Rough Guide) includes:
1. Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia - a vast expense of salt flats
2. Uluru (Ayer's Rock), Australia
3. The Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
4. The Amazon, South America
5. Cappadocia, Turkey - Lands of the fairy chimneys
6. The Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
7. Petra, Jordan
8. Macchu Picchu, The Andes
9. The Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
10. The Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina
11. The Sistine Chapel, Vatican City
12. The Himalayas, Nepal
13. Angkor Wat, Siem Reap
14, Venice, Austria
15. The Sahara, Africa
16. The Greta Wall, China
17. VIctoria Falls, Zimbabwe
18. Belize's Barrier Reef, The Caribbean
19. Taj Mahal, India
20. Maya Runis, Mexico and Guatemala
21. The Giants of Rapa Nui, Easter Island, South Pacific
22. The Grand Mosque of Djenne, Mali
23. Las Vegas (seriously?!), USA
24. The Forbidden City, China
25. Itaipu, Paraguay and Brazil - World's largest dam


Well now, m not being biased or anything but I think The Ka'abah in Mecca should be included as wonders of the world.....I agree!!!! Don't you? As someone who have seen it, I have to say, it's a wonder! Considering that non-muslim are not allowed to enter the Tanah Haram, I guess no one really appreciate the magnificent Ka'abah

0 knock knock: