0

Trip to the vet

Saturday, July 21, 2007


I slept around 2am this morning coz m trying very hard to finish Nisha Minhas' Tall, Dark and Handsome novel - which I haven't manage to finish yet and this morning my mum had to wake me up for my trip to the vet with Jojo. I fed them and when they finished their breakfast, armed with the petcaddy, I approached their adobe. Jojo somehow has the 6th sense and she stayed well away from me and believe it or not, I spent 15 minutes just to lure her to the petcaddy!! Not to mentioned that my trouser and shirt is partly covered with fur as Lampoh (my siamese cat) being a busybody tried to poke her nose in the messy situation; to find out what's happening! Talked about emotionally intelligence! 15 minutes later, covered with Lampuh's and Jojo's fur, I forced Jojo into the petcaddy and placed her in the car and all the way to the vet in Rimba, I 'talked' to her to behave herself. Yea! I know! The only disadvantages about rabbits is that they didn't speak nor do they make a noise to acknowledge that they hear you loud and clear....

Anyway, luckily it was not that busy when I came and I was the 14th pet owner...yippie!! compared to 30+..that could take ages! The vet on duty today is Dr Diana, which makes it even more easier, as I know her - she is a colleague of my best mate. Told her Jojo's problem and as predicted, it's only the mites. Dr D asked whether Jojo is pregnant and I told her that I had no idea. She told me the only way to know whether a rabbit is pregnant is by touching their nipples (sounds kinky!ahakz!) and Jojo isn't...ohh..what a shame! and a fact about rabbit, they can start ovulating starting the age of 1 week...seriously! Hmm..my expection is now a bit higher for this lovely rabbits of mine. But nevermind, work harder on it next time, KC..haha..

Jojo received 2 shots and an appointment in 2-week time. She's also being given an eardrop, to be used everyday. We will see how's she progressing....

0 knock knock: