0

Blind Dates

Saturday, July 28, 2007
How many of you out there had experienced it?! Well, I guess most of you will have (if you are the shy type like me). Anyway, I was listening to the radio one afternoon and a listener was requesting a song from the dj just to calm down her jitters about meeting a blind date..hehe and when I listened to it, I smiled to myself and said, "I know exactly how she feels." Coz, honestly speaking, I had been to a lots of blind dates during my so-called younger days (haha!) but as the years progressed, I kindda stop doing blind dates.

Few of my friends were quiet - shall I say - worried for me not having any boyfriends and how I can't find someone to suit me (not that I'm too choosy! - in my opinion anyway), so some of them would go the extra miles and tried to match me up with someone they know and hence, the blind dates!

For the first few months into the blind dating process, I was wiling (I guess?!) partly because when I think about my friends, they had put out an effort to make it work, so out of duty as a friend, I just tagged along. I think I went to 5 - 8 blind dates (I lost count) and when I went to Singapore to do my inservice training, I totally forget all about dating...and concentrate more on shopping..hahaha!

Anyway, all the times I was in Singapore, I didn't date at all and when I came back to Brunei, somehow, I lost interest in blind dates! Coz, I realised that after all the blind dates, there must be something is wrong with me, I mean, why don't I hook up with any of the guys? So, eventually, my reason, my cliche reason is that I'm not ready and when I told that to all my friends (who tried to matchmaking me), they backed off and respect my decision not to rush into things...

And as far as I can remember, in this year alone, I think I only blind dated 1 guy. What will the future holds? Just wait and see.....

0 knock knock: