0

My Weekend... Movie Marathon

Monday, April 26, 2010
Yup! I spent my whole weekend by watching movies - not in the cinemas but at home. I don't think I can watch 4 movies non-stop in a cinema. Done 3 movies in a row few years back while I was staying in Singapore mainly because me and my mate were bored to death! Haha!

Anyway, I started my movie marathon by watching Leap Year.

My BFF said this movie is the most romantic movie ever (for her)... hmmm. Well, I have to agree it's a romantic movie and the scenery is breathtaking - it's in Ireland, so what else do you expect? But for me, this movie is a happy-ending-version of the movie P.S I Love You.

I know I'm a huge fan of Gerard Butler but honestly, my opinion is definitly not biased. I think. Hahaha! Both movies have the similar (in a way or other) storyline but for me, nothing beats the P.S I Love You. Okay, maybe The Notebook is also the most romantic movie (for me).

So, if you are a romantic freak (like me... sometimes), you gotta watch Amy Adams and Matthew Goode in this Leap Year. I would give it 7 out of 10!


The Lovely Bones

Watched this after I'm done with Leap Year and somehow and sometimes, this movie gives me the 'creep'.

Story of a 14 years old girl, Susie, who was murdered brutally by her neighbor and her body was never found and somehow, her spirit was stuck between heaven and earth. I have nothing much to say about this movie but it's really a most touching story. It shows how the family cope with her 'disapperance'. With no body, they don't want to believe that she had died.

It got me thinking, if you die unexpectedly, would you really ready to go? I always thought that I'm ready for the end of my lives and if you ask me whether I'm ready to die, 2 days ago, I would say yes but now.... I'm really not sure. There are so many things I want to do and say in this lives of mine and if I die unexpectedly, I think I would also be like Susie's spirit...

Everyone needs closure in their lives and I do too...

From Paris With Love

There is only 4 words I can describe this movie:

FROM BRUNEI, I LOVE

LOL! Seriously! What is there not to love about John Travolta?


Did You Hear About The Morgans?

Never seen Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant together, so this movie is something new to me and well, Hugh Grant came a long way from Notting Hill to present. Let's just say that he is no longer young but he still has that dazzling english look on him... haha!

Anyway, story of a estranged New Yoker couple who after witnessing a murder had to go into witness protection program and being sent to a small town in Wyoming. It's not really a funny movie but there is a bit of humor here and there. And the couple have to learn to trust each other again after Hugh's affair...

Well, it's a good movie to watch neverthless...

0 knock knock: