0

MV DOULOS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007
'Floating Bookstore' - that's how one of the writers describe the MV Doulos. Arrived at Muara Port last Saturday, this 1914 ship is only 2 years younger than the legandary Titanic and today, this 93-year old ship docked at Muara Port.


I finally got the chance to visit the ship this late afternoon and by then, the car park was full. There are so many to see - the ship, the people and it's culture and definitly, being an avid reader, the books! and suprisingly, the books are cheap! Of course, the first time I saw the price tag, I was lost. It only marked in hundreds e.g. 100 units, 300 units, 800 units etc etc! After exploring some more, I finally found out that 100 units equivalent to B$4 and from that moment onwards, I am a happy camper! Hehe!


I managed to grab and buy 2 reference books which cost me B$32 each - Consumer Drug Reference and Geogoraphica. If you go to the bookstore and look for similar reference books, the hardcover Consumer Drug Reference book will cost around $80+ while the Geographica will cost over $100! What a bargain you will get from the MV Doulos PLUS the crews are so nice. From what I know, they come from different parts of the world and together, in this ship, unity are formed! If I don't have commitment, I would happily sign myself up to be one of the crews! I love ship but I am very phobia of deep water (although I love to watch Seaquest DSV during my younger days..hehe!)coz I can't swim! Hehehe....

On board of the MV Doulos




Me and Bro Faiz

Top to Bottom - Bro Muiz, Mum, Me and Bro Faiz

0 knock knock: