2

Letters to Juliet

Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Seriously people...
you gotta watch this one!

Our opinions might be varied but it's worth watching it!

Sophie, a fact checker for The New Yorker went to Verona, Italy for a pre-honeymoon with her fiance, Victor - a chef. The vacation is suppose to be for them to spend time together before their marriage and Victor's restaurant opening.

But once there, Victor is busy with meeting with all his suppliers and left Sophie alone, wandering around the city of Verona until 1 day, she stumbled upon this courtyard where ladies write letters to Juliet about their problems and seeking for advices. These letters are pasted on a wall and at the end of the day, the letters are picked and replied by 4 ladies who called themselves "the secretaries of Juliet." Sophie, who wanted to be a writer, tagged along.

1 day, while plucking letters from the wall, Sophie found a letter written 50 years ago. She replied to that letter and the next thing she knows, the lady who wrote the letter - Claire - and her grandson - Charlie - are in Verona, looking for the lost love 50 years ago.

Together, the 3 of them traveled the vast expense of Verona, Tuscany and Siena in search for Claire's Lorenzo. Would they succeed? and what happened along the way?

Ok! I admit, I'm a hopeless romantic and this movie is definitly one of the romantic movies I had ever seen....

"Dear Claire, What and If are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will. All my love, Juliet"

2 knock knock:

Pooch Purple Reign said...

good review. i put it on my list to see. it looks like one i would love
~laura

iantie said...

let me know what u think of it :)