0

The Lucky 25%

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
For 2 nights in a row now, most areas in Brunei are engulfed in a total darkness - 75% approximately! That's the heading in one of the local newspaper yesterday. For me, I consider myself as the lucky remaining 25%.

Last Monday night, my eyes were glued to the TV watching the new season of The Amazing Race when my brother messaged me whether we were experiencing any power failure. And I was like, "What power failure?" while my eyes roaming around the living room. My brother told me that everywhere in Gadong and Qlap was covered in total darkness and there I was sitting comfortable on the sofa, watching The Amazing Race, munching on junk food and carbonated drink! Hahaha! Talked about being lucky! We switched on the radio (coz we don't have Brunei TV channel in our place...hahaha...) and there it was, every radio stations talked about the power failure; from Brunei-Muara to Tutong and to KB!! Wow!! That's really bad!

The next day newspaper (yesterday) said that it due to "technical glitch"! Hah! "Technical glitch"??? I don't know what really happened to the Brunei's power station but I think the "technical glitch" was really that bad. From what I heard from everyone, the power was only back on around 1am!! Fewwwhhh! I guess I should be grateful coz while almost everyone out there was in total darkness, I was sleeping comfortably in my bed with my air-conditioning on! Hahaha! I know some of my friends were checking-in into a hotel for the night...cian eh! It must be a high time for all the hotels in Brunei!

Last night, the same thing happened again!! Now, I don't think it's just a normal "technical glitch". My eldest brother and his family came to the house last night (while I was watching Leverage and munching on broad beans) and told me that it's black out again!! Hahaha! But this time, only some areas been affected. Well, at least it's not as bad as the previous night....

To all the Bruneians out there who experienced 2 nights in a row of blackout, be patience (I wish I can be tough as you guys!) but just incase your patience is running out, well, there are always the hotels! I don't mind renting out the 2 extra rooms in my home but then to think about it, nah! better you rent the hotel rooms..haha! Yea, m sooooo stingy!! Haha!

0 knock knock: