0

Pricey Baju Raya...

Sunday, September 16, 2007
It's the season again and raya is just around the corner..hehe..semangat aku ah, baru jua 3rd day puasa as in 27 more days puasa to go. Anyway, my tailor had been nagging me to send my kain for raya early 'to avoid disappointment' - they said. It happened last year actuallynya where I made 6 baju for raya (geezzz! dat's a bit too much, I guess) and they only managed to finish 3 of them before raya!! I had to go to their place and picked up the rest of my baju on the 1st day and 2nd day of raya! Could you believe it?! I wanted to get mad at them at that time but then I don't have the heart considering that they had been soooo good to me all the while.

So, this year, after my trip to KL end of June where I bought the kains there, I sent it to them straight away and walaa, it's the 1st week of raya and they finished it all. Well, this year, I just made 3 baju considering that there are some baju that I only wore it once so no need to make so many baju.

Fashion-wise? I don't know what's up with fashions! I'm not that fashionable but my tailor said that I'm good in anything (business strategy? I think so!). Anyhow, this year's fashion is the manik (beads) and man, it doesn't come cheap! My 1 baju is filled with beads instead of katok-kisi. One of my colleagues said that with my kind of beads, it will cost around $90 - $120..yikes! Fortunately for me, my tailor gave me special discounts...hehe. It only cost me $70. I know it's still expensive for a pair of baju but hmm....do I need to stress out that I am a lady? hehe
My dad told me that this year he can conserve a lot of electricity by not putting too much cucul (colourful lights). He said that I just need to stand outside in the patio wearing my baju with a spotlight directed towards me...hahaha! Funny (I'm not laughing!)


Anyway, whatever the raya fashions this year, it will eventually phase out by middle of next year, so don't watse people....hehe...that message is for me too!

0 knock knock: