0

Bandar Seri Begawan

Friday, June 26, 2009
Lots of people said that our capital is a lonely town at night and sadly I have to admit it is. I went to capital at night once in a while and it's just so quiet. Apart from hangin' out and do some lil' shopping, there is nothing else to do in the capital at night unlike Kiulap and Gadong.

This morning, I accompanied my mum to the town. She got some stuffs to do and as usual, m the driver. I guess coz we are early, bandar is kindda quiet this morning. The roads are being 'beautify' for the upcoming HM's birthday and infront of the Royal Regalia, Jabatan Bandaran is setting up the tents for the 'perayaan'.

I (or rather my
brother) managed to snap few pictures of bandar. One of the pictures is the picture of Kubur Dang Ayang (Dang Ayang's tomb) which is located just beside TAIB and exactly infront of the Taman SOAS. I'm a fanatic in history. It is my favourite subject back while I was studying. But I never heard of Dang Ayang and from what my parents told me, she was a princess. Her father, the Sultan (I dunno which Sultan) wanted to marry her off but she refused hence she was locked in an underground compartment. She died there and being buried at the same place. Is it true?? If anyone out there knows the real histroy, please let me know, m dying to know! If not, oh well, then I have to go to the history centre then. Hehehe...



Kubur Dang Ayang


BSM - PGGMB Buliding


Tamu Kianggeh


Memorial on the rename of Bandar Seri Begawan


Yayasan SHHB

0 knock knock: