0

Novel Review: Tiada Dua

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tiada Dua
by Nurfaza Alisya
634 pages
Fajar Pakeer Sdn Bhd

When an accident occured between Nurin Syakirah and Faizal Faiz, Faizal knew it was love at first sight but Nurin who dislike and uncomfortable with Faizal's  attitude, lied and told she was married. Faizal let her go coz for him, a married woman was simply not his type.

Their second accidental meeting came Nurin was running away from an ex-boyfriend, Shamsul. Faizal saved her from falling down the stairs. Nurin was speechless upon realising that Faizal was the one who saved her (coz her heart skipped few beats) and Shamsul took the advantages to comfort her. Assuming that Shamsul was Nurin's husband (due to their intimacy), Faizal was shocked when he found out that his parents had arranged a marriage between him and Nurin!! With a negative attitude towards Nurin, thinking that she had an affair with Shamsul, Faizal promised not to touch Nurin and they would only pretend to be a loving couple.

As the days passed, Shamsul kept on chasing after Nurin, which made her relationship with Faizal worsen. Jasmin, Shamsul's wife and Nurin's roomate (in university) was furious when she found out that Shamsul is still in love with Nurin. Norsiah, Shamsul''s cousin and Faizal's ex-girlfriend, who was divorced came back and was hoping to get Faizal's love back. Datuk Mahadi and Datin Sofia, Shamsul's adopted parents kept on looking for their long lost real-son. Zarif, who lost Adibah, changed the moment he saw Nurin.

How all these people eventually meet up with each other?

From a reader to another reader, this is a must read novel! It took me a day to finish it... just because I'm very impatient to know the ending... LOL!; although I did skip to the last few pages just to know the ending even before I reach there.

BUT... aha! there is a ... BUT...!

Althought the storyline impresses me, the editing does NOT! I did check and the book I own happens to be the 1st publication. I don't know whether they have a lousy editor or this novel is never being edited at all! There are SO MANY spell mistakes, words missing, sentences jumble up... bla bla bla..

Luckily I'm a person with imagination (LOL!) and I had read too much novels to know (more or less) what the author tries to explain. But all in all, I'm really disappointed with the editing. I do hope the publisher and the editor would try their very best to minimise the editing errors in the next publications. I mean, this novel has the potential to be BIG!

My rating: 6/ 10 (it would be a lot higher if not for the editing errors) *BIG SIGH*

Next review: Dibius Cinta by Qash Irdina



0 knock knock: